A student's status and getting a job

Only some foreign students may get a job without the requirement of obtaining an extra permit. According to the resolution of the Minister of Labour and Social Policy of 21 April 2015 on cases in which entrusting the performance of a job to a foreigner within the territory of the Republic of Poland is permitted without an obligation to obtain a work permit, refers to foreigners:

  • who are students of full time studies, pursued in the Republic of Poland or participants of full time PhD studies, pursued in the Republic of Poland;
  • who are students performing work within vocational internships, for the performance of which they were sent by organisations which are members of international student associations;
  • who are students performing work within the cooperation of public employment services and their foreign partners, if the need to entrust a foreigner with the performance of this work is confirmed by an adequate employment authority;
  • who are graduates of Polish upper secondary schools, full time studies or full time PhD studies at Polish universities, in scientific institutes of the Polish Academy of Science or research institutes operating in accordance with laws on research institutes;

More on this subject can be read in the article: Legal work.

logo migrapolis

logo ue biale

Project “New law - my new rights” is co-financed by European Fund for Integration
of Third Country Nationals and Polands state budget

 Copyright © by Foundation for Development Beyond Borders, 2015