Who can obtain the Blue Card?

The permit can be obtained by a foreigner, who meets the following requirements:

  • has concluded an employment contract, outwork contract or a civil-law agreement based on which he/she performs work, provides services or remains in employment relationship, for a period of at least 1 year (Article 127 point 1 letter a);
  • meets qualification requirements and other conditions in the case of the intent to perform work in regulated profession within the meaning of Article 2 point 1 of the Act of 18 March 2008 on principles of recognition of professional qualifications acquired in the Member States of the European Union (Article 127 point 1 letter b);
  • has higher professional qualifications (Article 127 point 1 letter c);
  • has health insurance within the meaning of the Act of 27 August 2004 on healthcare services financed from public funds or the confirmation of the insurer covering costs of treatment on the territory of the Republic of Poland (Article 127 point 1 letter d);
  • has consent of the responsible authority for holding the particular position, practicing profession or carrying out other activities if the obligation to obtain such consent prior to concluding the contract/agreement is imposed by separate regulations (Article 127 point 1 letter e);
  • the entity entrusting this work to a foreigner is unable to satisfy its human resource needs on the local labour market (Article 127 point 2);
  • the gross remuneration indicated in the contract shall not be less than PLN 5,475.09 per month (Article 127 point 3).

logo migrapolis

logo ue biale

Project “New law - my new rights” is co-financed by European Fund for Integration
of Third Country Nationals and Polands state budget

 Copyright © by Foundation for Development Beyond Borders, 2015