International driving license
The international driving license is issued by a competent head of an administrative county district (starosta) on the basis of a valid national driving license for the period of 3 years. The validity period of the international driving license may not be longer than the validity period of the national driving license.
The driving license, except for the “T” category driving license, entitles the driver to drive a vehicle specified therein in international traffic, unless authorities of a specific country require of the driver to hold the international driving license. The international driving license and the national driving license entitle the driver to drive vehicles in the countries that are not state parties to the road traffic conventions, including but without limitation to USA, Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea.
- Clear, current, color, left three-quarter view photo (3.5 x 4.5 cm) of an applicant wearing no headgear or dark glasses; left ear of the applicant must not be covered and his/her face should be equally lit. A person with congenital or contracted sight disorder may provide a photo of himself/herself wearing dark glasses and a person wearing headgear required by his/her religion may provide a photo of himself/herself wearing headgear but only if the photo is included in a document certifying the identity of that person.
- A photocopy of the national driving license issued by a Polish authority.
- The national driving license issued by a Polish authority (for the purpose of examination by a clerk).
- A receipt certifying that the intentional driving license issuance fee (PLN 35) has been paid.
- Declaration on being aware of Article233 of the Penal Code.